WATCH FREE – KARATE.COM – THURSDAY, 9-27-18 AT 7PM/4PM ET/PT
Karate Combat is a global sport featuring professional full-contact karate filmed in a cinematic style in our patent-pending Karate Combat Pit, offering unobstructed views of our combatants. We’ve signed more than 100 of the world’s best Karatekas and feature live events from exotic locales around the world every month.
The league launched on 4-4-18 with the pre-season fight from Budapest, GENESIS, to much sports media acclaim from the New York Times, SI, CNN, USA Today, UPI, BBC Sports, and more.
The first live event of the inaugural season, INCEPTION emanated from Miami Beach on April 26th and the second event, OLYMPUS streamed live from the historic Zappeion Courtyard in Athens, Greece, on July 28th. To date, there have been more than 3 million video views of the Inception and Olympus events.
The next live event, ONE WORLD, will hail from New York City from the 102nd-floor Observation Tower of One World Trade Center on September 27.\
- Brand ambassadors include UFC Hall of Famers Bas Rutten and Chuck Liddell, and popular commentators Sean Wheelock and Phoenix Carnevale
- Karate Combat owns Karate.com, the World’s Gateway to Karate, along with popular Karate Combat mobile apps on iOS and Android.
- Karate Combat launched its ROKU channel in August.
- Karate Combat Social channels now have 163k FB followers, 30K YouTube subscribers, and 46k IG followers.
- To date, the league has garnered more than 11MM video views on its social pages alone per Delmondo Analytics.
- Karate Combat has many distribution outlets: UFC Fight Pass, Eleven Sports, Bleacher Report Live, DailyMotion, The Fight Network, YouTube, Titan Channel, FITE, CBS’ Sports Live, Twitch, CombatGO, and Pluto TV. Additional outlets include Ultraflix and the Frequency App on DIRECTV boxes.
- Variety broke the exclusive announcement of the debut of Karate Combat events crafted as weekly episodes and distributed on the popular ABS-CBN Sports + Action channel in the Phillippines in August